Developer IDEs, Tools & Libraries
- Visual Studio 2013
- MVC 5 (Model View Controller)
- OData, JSON, BSON
- EF 6 (Entity Framework), LINQ (Language Integrated Query)
- KendoUI widgets of Telerik with MVVM
- Bootstrap CSS Framework
- AngularJS and MVC
- Principles of SPA, Single-Page Application
- SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server Management Studio
Development & Design Tricks
- Designing MVC Razor pages with KendoUI
- Styling Pages with Bootstrap CSS
- Generating model classes with Entity Framework
- Publishing OData data services with WebAPI
- Web programming for mobile tablet computers and smart phones
- HTML5 Animation
Languages & Protocols
- Razor C#
- HTML5, CSS3
- REST, SOAP Web Services, JSON, BSON
- LINQ (Language Integrated Query), Entity Framework
Learning is based on hands-on, practical exercises. Web based projects will be created and posted online.
The student will gain access to a production online web hosting provider for publishing his/her designs during class. Code exercises and projects will give major confidence for job interviews.
The student will be able to keep the codes and improve them for future designs. Online projects will help as live demonstration of accomplishments during job interviews. Hundreds of code samples will be shown and the student will be provided in-depth learning on nearly every aspect.
Mobile ASP.NET MVC 5
- Mobile ASP.NET MVC 5
By Eric Sowell
276 pages, Apress (November 29, 2013)
Pro ASP.NET MVC 5
- Pro ASP.NET MVC 5
By Adam Freeman
832 pages, Apress (December 19, 2013)
ASP.NET Web API: Build RESTful web applications and services on the .NET framework
- ASP.NET Web API: Build RESTful web applications and services on the .NET framework
by Joydip Kanjilal
224 pages, Packt Publishing (December 19, 2013)
*** Scheduling and Duration
This course is given in 35 hours during 5 consecutive weekends (Saturdays or Sundays).
This allows students to absorb the material and practice with the online systems from home. Students are required to complete assignments.
The class will be scheduled depending on demand. Please contact us for training requests.
Typical class hours:
Sundays 9:00 am - 4:45 pm, with a 45 min lunch break.
*** Grading and Attendance
Grading is based on attendance, classroom participation and project completion. Attendance of 80% is required
*** Required Hardware
The classroom is equipped with a large TV monitor. Slide presentations will be utilized for demonstration and discussions.
Students will bring their own laptops. All installations will be done to their laptops.
Books are students' responsibility and not included in the tuition.
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor.
- 1 GB of RAM (1.5 GB if running on a virtual machine)
- 10 GB (NTFS) of available hard disk space.
- 5400 RPM hard drive.
- DirectX 9-capable video card running at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution.
*** Required Operating System:
- Windows 7 (x86 or x64) (PREFERRED)
- Windows 8 or 8.1 (x86 or x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x64)
- Windows Server 2012 (x64)
- Supported Architectures: 32-bit (x86), 64-bit (x64)
If you have a Mac laptop, you can utilize BootCamp of Apple, which lets you install Windows on a separate partition of your hard drive. Or you could install one of three third-party virtualization programs: Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion, or VirtualBox, each of which lets you run Windows (or another operating system) as if it were just another OS X application.
*** Recommended Software
Presence of Microsoft Office is recommended.
Course requests, enhancements and suggestions are welcome.